Thursday 29 January 2015

IDS Next Gives Me Ample Opportunity to Travel










Syed has an MBA in IT and has been part of IDS Next family for the last 10 years. His career at IDS Next has traversed from being a product support executive to Manager, hospitality business solutions.



Tell us a little about what you do in the Hospitality Business Solutions Team



I have extensive exposure to all the versions of our FortuneNEXT6i Hotel ERP, and my core responsibilities in the Hospitality Business Solutions are to conduct product demos and do implementation for clients especially in South East Asia, Asia Pacific and Africa. In case, a potential client requests for a product demo I do it either online or visit the hotel. On an average, I conduct 10 to 12 product demo a month.



Apart from this, I have more than 60 product implementations to my credit in India and 16 in international regions including Sri Lanka, Africa, Thailand, Fiji, Solomon Islands and Bhutan. We approximately take 30- 40 days per implementation. But, sometimes the time frame goes beyond that depending on the size of the property and number of add-on solutions the hotel wants to adopt. Also, if a hotel is migrating from a different hotel management software to our FortuneNEXT 6i Hotel ERP, we need extra time to move the legacy data.



Additionally, if a client gets in touch with me for tech support, I do provide that too. But, that is only limited to the implementations done by me. Initially, before the inception of 24/7 TSC, I was the single point contact for international support for regions including Middle East and Africa.



How do you ensure a hassle free and successful product implementation?



During the product implementation process, my entire focus is always on how to make sure that the user makes best use of our Hotel ERP. To ensure this, I conduct a weekly or if necessary a daily audit about the functionalities of the product. I also have regular meeting with IT Heads and other Department Heads of the hotel to take their feedback. In short, I listen to them patiently and try to put myself in their position to understand their requirements. The support from our head office during the implementation process matters a lot. 


Tell us something about your achievements. 


I had joined IDS Next as a Product Support Executive in 2004. I started my career here. I would say that this place has given me a lot during the last 10 years. I have been promoted 6 times. My job responsibilities have made me a product expert. I know our Hotel ERP inside out.



For me, the best part is product implementation, especially the international ones as I get to visit new countries. I love travelling and IDS Next gives me that opportunity. Working for IDS Next has earned me lots of international exposure. During implementation, I develop good rapport with clients as I spend almost 30-40 days with them. This has also helped me polish my interpersonal skills as well. Extensive travelling has also taught me how to pick up new languages. I always like to learn new languages and that’s how I can now speak proper Sinhala language.  I can even manage things to some extent in languages like Thai and bit of French.



Would you like to share any memorable experience with us?



Last year, I was asked to implement our Hotel ERP at Grand Pacific Hotel, Fiji. I enjoyed working with their staff as many of them were ancestrally Indian but their forefathers had migrated from this country a few centuries ago (I hope you remember your history). The Grand Pacific Hotel is magnificent and its suites are the ultimate in luxury, it also has a very rich history and Queen Elizabeth stayed there when she visited the country in 1953.  More interestingly, when the Prime Minister of India visited Fiji a couple of months ago, he stayed there too. So it makes me very proud to have installed our product at such a prestigious and iconic hospitality property.



Would you recommend IDS Next to your friends?



Of course, I would. IDS Next is led by a team of highly motivated and seasoned leaders. Managers are always willing to help. Work environment is great and this place is the most happening place. Join us to feel the thrill! 








No comments:

Post a Comment