Monday 29 December 2014

In Limelight - Part 2





Tell us about yourself.

I am Divya Prasad, originally from Mysore. I have done my B.E in Electronics & Communications, Mysore. I also have an MBA from Kuvempu University. I have been at IDS Next for more than 2 years and have a total of 9 years of experience in the field of software product development. 

What kind of projects do you handle at IDS Next?

I lead the mobility team and have been instrumental in developing all our mobile apps for restaurants and last-minute hotel room booking. As the Associate Project Manager, it is absolutely my responsibility to ensure that my team is second to none when it comes to delivering best-in-class apps that have got rave reviews from within the hospitality industry. Our apps are available on all mobility platforms. Besides managing a wonderful team, I also spend considerable time writing code.  

How did IDS Next happen? 

Before joining IDS Next, I was working at a leading multinational IT firm. I personally thought that my growth could be compromised if I continued working in a service based IT Company. That is why I opted to join IDS Next, a product based IT firm, which would provide me the scope to learn and grow. Moreover, I was keen to work here as I wanted to excel in a particular domain and IDS Next was keenly getting into app development. 

How do you like working at IDS Next?

Well, it’s quite encouraging and happening here. I feel my skill set is used as I play a crucial role developing some of the mobility apps. I had come to this company as a team lead and I was the only person in the mobility team. Under the guidance of my boss, Sachin Das, I have developed a 9 member strong mobility team. As I proved my mettle, I also got promoted.

Hospitality IT is still considered a niche domain and my stint so far with the company has helped me learn a lot. Here, I have multiple roles to play and multiple responsibilities to oversee. 

What about work recognition?

My hard work and dedication have certainly drawn attention from the management. That’s why I was awarded the ‘Exceptional Service’ award for 2 consecutive years. 

Want to say something to potential employees? How would you recommend IDS Next to them?

I might sound clichéd, but I would say if you want to build up your expertise in a domain like hospitality IT, IDS Next is the place for you. This place teaches you, helps you expanding your horizon of knowledge and most importantly rewards you.


1 comment: